Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support New to WordPress

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi again,

The button generator now works – thanks!

One new thing before visiting the custom icons. In FF my banner is not stretching across, but it does in IE & Chrome. Anything I can check to see why?

I have had to put the icon info directly into the Style.CSS as it does not function when put into the Custom Settings. I entered it in this way in the Custom.CSS and they are not detected:

/* icon menu items */
    li.wc32 {background: url(images/icons/buddy/wc_32.png) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.ucc32 {background: url(images/icons/buddy/ucc_32.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.affirm32 {background: url(images/icons/buddy/affirm_32.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.ucw32 {background: url(images/icons/buddy/ucw_32.png) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}

Richard
    Participant

Disregard the banner inquiry: human error! 😉

themeweaver
    Keymaster

🙂

Richard
    Participant

😉

Do you have any direction about the icon issue re: Custom CSS?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Ah yes! I think the image urls will need to be full urls when placed here.

Though a child theme is something worth pursuing if you are making lost of changes.

1. Download the tree one available and delete everything in its style.css apart from the first import line.

2. Then put your custom icons in an \images\ folder in the child theme.

3. Add you icon css to the child’s style.css.

4. Activate the child theme.

Richard
    Participant

Could I not just actually the full urls in the Custom.css? I do not plan on making significant changes.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, the custom css demands the full url.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.