Forum Replies Created
1) Thanks. I am having someone design a new banner based on the 1904×200 parameters.
2) Okay I will look into that.
3) Plans to do so? As not all images accommodate a universal font colour.
4) Okay – fair enough.
5) Yes I realised this and took my square image and posted it onto a canvas more conducive to the slider.
Thanks again! The power & flexibility of WP and your theme compared to DNN is wonderful! I think the site is now alive enough that I have registered the church’s site through one of your companion sites. As the moment only 3) seems most pressing fwiiw. Your patience is a boon and thanks for this new theme!
1) Banner Size: I am using a custom one 1904×200: is that correct?
2) Where is the Meta CSS? I just want the admin login and would like to remove the rest. Possible?
3) Slider Text Colour: I have found that it is a global setting – is there any way to adjust the text colour on per case basis in order to accommodate different colours of background images?
4) Footer: Is there anyway to centre a widget in the footer?
5) Slider images: What is the recommended optimum size? I am trying to use a square image and it is just WAY too big and does not seems to be scaling property. Is there a picture formate you prefer in order for no distortion?
1) I just discovered the Kitchen Sink – disregard 🙂
Thanks – all resolved! Your assistance and patience is most wonderful!
1) Text colour: Is there anyway to change it? I do not see that option in the WYSIWIG.
2) Banner Size: I am using a custom one 1904×200: is that correct?
3) Where is the Meta CSS? I just want the admin login and would like to remove the rest. Possible?
2. They are denominationally (United Church of Canada) specific – do you want them?
3. Thanks I realised that shortly after!
4. Is this in the main CSS Style? If so, where in there should I put this?
5. In the Xi example on the Main Page you have two widgets under the slider – how did you do that?
1) YouTube icon now present.
Okay a few pieces I still need direction about:
1) I have just been playing with setting up the social media link/custom widget with the CSS Classes. The YouTube icon is not showing up in FF, IE or Chrome. What should I do?
2) As well, how do I assign new CSS Classes to other icons I wish to use in that same custom widget? I am hoping to keep these in the Footer so is there any way to have the widget ‘right aligned’ so to speak, as I have the login in the footer on the left – does that make sense?
3) As I am using a lighter banner, how do I change the colour of the text in the search filed and the menu text itself to something darker?
Okay just to follow up for the Footer is the CCS code? So I want it to look like this:
/* FOOTER AREA */
background: #2210e3 url(images/footer_bg.png) repeat-x top;
Do I have that right: #2210e3 being the colour I want?
Thanks! I will try to figure that out tomorrow. I have just been playing with setting up the social media link/custom widget with the CSS Classes. The YouTube icon is not showing up in FF, IE or Chrome. What should I do?
As well, how do I assign new CSS Classes to other icons I wish to use in that same custom widget? I am hoping to keep these in the Footer so is there any way to have the widget ‘right aligned’ so to speak, as I have the login in the footer on the left – does that make sense?
Finally, for now and I do pray this is useful and not irritating!, in the Appearance section for the Living OS, ‘Release’ is misspelled ‘Relase.’
Thanks for this great resource, I am so looking forward to this site going lilve …
Okay I have designed and come up with a banner which feels good. I based the length on the banner size in the header folder: 1904 pixels: Does that make sense?
Now I am wondering how do I change the footer colour as I have asked? As well, the text colour in the header needs to be darkened owing to the new lighter banner. I am not certain how I do that?
I look forward to sharing the big reveal once these details are addressed and I then populate the site with info!