Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Xi Theme slider

This topic is: not a support question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

John Day
    Participant

Can someone tell me where to go to adjust the length of time each slider appears on screen?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This isn’t currently an option. It can be done manually by editing the feature slider js in base/lib/js. We hope to add a few more options like this in future release.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This is now an option in theme options. See release 1.5.

Richard
    Participant

I love the new transparent grey area with white text on the slider. Allows for image to be any colour – very flexible and powerful tweak – thanks!

Richard
    Participant

I just noticed that the new text piece, however, does not scale well when viewed on a mobile. Is there anyway to tweak this aspect for mobiles?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

How would you feel if the text didn’t show at all on mobiles? I think it is the possible action.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This is what it does in version 1.7.

Richard
    Participant

That would be AWESOME! I love the updated slider with the text format – just does not translate well into the mobile environment. BTW: I hope you have heard how helpful this scaling aspect of the Xi Skin is!

Richard
    Participant

Hi again,

I just upgraded to 1.7 but the slider is still showing the text within a Mobile environment – at least it is on my BlackBerry Torch 9810 OS 7. Thoughts?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Only works with flexi slider. (theme options)

Otherwise refresh your browser? What happens when you resize it in your desktop browser? Maybe re-download the theme, as it was missed out of first copy put online.

Richard
    Participant

When did you re-upload? I just d/l it today and uploaded shortly before posting this. When I try it in my browser through FF the text remains.

Richard
    Participant

I d/l and uploaded again. Still see the text. Here are my Theme settings:

Enabled: Show slide titles/excerpts – Show slide prev/next buttons – Delay 7000 – Slider Effect: Slide – FlexiSlider.

Richard
    Participant

Okay I also tried minimizing size in Chrome and IE 9 to replicate what I think you have designed and the text remains. Hope this is helpful?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

And how does the preview of site look from where you are http://xi.hydeinternet.com/ ? This is running 1.7 and text is removed when my browser is resized and on my tiny X10 android phone.

Do you have a url for your site?

Richard
    Participant

That works. Site link is here: http://ucim.org. Suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.