Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Xi Dark: You'll need to activate a BuddyPress-compatible theme to take advantage

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Larry McMahon
    Participant

Hi,

How come whena I activate Xi Dark I get this message?
    You’ll need to activate a BuddyPress-compatible theme to take advantage of all of BuddyPress’s features.

I tried using the Dark theme as a starting point for an Xi child theme and it has the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Larry

themeweaver
    Keymaster

In theme options – in the BuddyPress tab select enable BP support.

Larry McMahon
    Participant

Hi,

BuddyPress is enabled. The problem does not come up with Pure and my Pure Child them or Xi. The issue is only with Xi Dark and the Xi child theme I fashioned using Dark.

Larry

themeweaver
    Keymaster

OK, we’ll look at that. But I think you can probably ignore the message though.

Larry McMahon
    Participant

Hi,

I hesitate to go forward using the theme w/o a better sense of wht is going on and when it will be addressed.

Larry

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The message means nothing. Does BuddyPress work in the dark theme? Do you have it running in Xi main theme?

Larry McMahon
    Participant

Hi,

The message does not come up with Pure or my Pure Child theme or the Main/Parent Xi theme.

The message means nothing?

Larry

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

We can’t reproduce this on our systems. You may be surprised to learn that the only thing hat BuddyPress looks for before triggering such messages is the tag ‘buddypress’ at the top of the theme’s stylesheet (style.css).

Other than that it has no way of knowing whether the theme works with BP or not. So in that sense the message means nothing! But as I say the message isn’t appearing for us.

Please check that this tag is intact on Xi and the Dark Child theme.

We do know however that in some cases you can get a similar message from bbPress, but this appears on all themes.

On another note, while investigating this issue we noticed that the Dark child theme didn’t have ‘dark’ styles for buddypress. So there is an update to the theme that tweaks the base theme bp styles to be more inline with the dark theme. But this shouldn’t make any difference to your message.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.