Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support WordFence & Malware

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Just received the following from WordFence: please advise:

This email was sent from your website “Maya Consulting” by the Wordfence plugin.
    Wordfence found the following new issues on “Maya Consulting”.
    Alert generated at Sunday 13th of September 2015 at 10:58:02 AM
    Critical Problems:
    * File contains suspected malware URL: /home/content/p3nexnas06_data01/63/2084863/html/wp-content/themes/LivingOS-Mint/extend/languages/en_EN.po

* File contains suspected malware URL: /home/content/p3nexnas06_data01/63/2084863/html/wp-content/themes/LivingOS-Mint/extend/options.php

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You should check these files in a text editor and compare/or compare with latest version of theme.

Did WordFence find other similar problems on your site? I.e. malware in WordPress files etc.

Richard
    Participant

Should I just replace them with the previous versions? No other reports of malware.

Richard
    Participant

FYI: I have compared file size and they are exactly the same: thoughts?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Try fresh download of theme and see what WF says then. But unless WF is more specific about what the issue is, I can’t see any way to resolve it.

Richard
    Participant

I think I will leave for now – I compared documents and it may have been a false positive. Will update if there are any other developments – thanks again for your time! BTW: any new themes en route?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.