Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Widget: ThemeLoom – Facebook?

This topic is: not a support question

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

While I continue to build a new site on WP & Xi, I am wondering if there are any plans to develop a widget for fb like the one for twitter? I am currently using the fb app from fb directly and it is clear it does not scale the way other LivingOS ones do. Thoughts?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You may find one of the third party fb widgets do a better job, the simpler the better probably to help the scaling. Some let you specify the width and it would be worth trying 100% as the width. Better would be one that just produces a simple list.

But yes a facebook widget would be a good addition to the Xi toolset.

Richard
    Participant

This is the current code I am using for XI. any suggestions about how to make it more compatible (w/o iframe quotes)?

“http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=XXX;width=400&colorscheme=light&show_faces=true&border_color&stream=true&header=true&height=490″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ style=”border:none; overflow:hidden; width:400px; height:490px;” allowTransparency=”true”>

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No you won’t be able to make the standard fb widget more compatible. It wants the width in pixels. To make it scalable you need one either without width specified or width=100%.

Richard
    Participant

When I removed the number it just shrunk it to what must be it’s default size and when I inserted 100% instead of 400px it seems to read the 100 as px. Does this mean there is no way to get it reconcile with the default LivingOS width & thus be scalable? What is the default width, btw?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No the facebook widget is no good in this theme. Take a look through the WordPress plugin directory to see if any of the other third party plugins might work.

Richard
    Participant

I found another WP fb widget but it has the same problem in that it does not scale properly when adjusted as does the ThemeLoom – Twitter one.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, you might struggle to find one. I’ll put it on the to do list.

Richard
    Participant

If you get to it, I suspect many would be grateful, while also recognising life is what it is! 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.