Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Which Page Template do I use for Homepage?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christine Russo 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Christine Russo

I am confused about which page template I choose for the homepage.

When I first install the template, the default page is the layout of the homepage. Since no pages are actually yet created, I go to create a homepage, but this does not seem to be widgetized like the homepage should be.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you?

The site is currently hidden, but if you need the link and password to see what is going on, I can email you that.

Christine Russo

This always happens to me… I struggle with an problem for a long time and then as soon as I post a question, I figure it out.

For anyone else who might have this problem (I was also getting the error message of too many redirects), things seem to be working properly now that I turned on the plugin Customizable Permalinks.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Our theme’s homepage is configured with widgets.

You should set the home page to the latest posts option in the dashboard unless you really do want some other page as the homepage.

Christine Russo

Thank you… This is finally making sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.