Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Version 3.0 Released

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This release of Xi updates the core framework to reflect various fixes and additions from most recent themes.

Most noteable:

– added feature order field to features
    – a fresh approach to button css
    – updated po file for localization
    – fix for iphone safari scaling bug
    – ajax category filter on gallery template. add custom field show_filter set to 1
    – new option to change base font size
    – a new child pages gallery template, just add parent_page as custom field and enter the id
    – added date format filter to events which now defaults to WordPress settings

David Hardy

I just upgraded from 1.5 … and the default install of 3.0 looks terrible. Is this still in beta?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No, in what way does it look terrible?

1.5 is a little old so you may need to just re-save widgets and theme options. Possible features too. These have had various upgrades between 1.5 and 3.0 which need you to re-save settings. I think the widgets are the first thing to try since they did got a bit of an upgrade a while back.

Go into each widget and re-save them.

Go into theme options and re-save.

David Hardy

Just the default typography, colors, etc. I’ve saved some screenshots to show you:

Version 1.5 (looks fine by default):
    http://www.phdeed.com/test/xi-1.5.jpg

Version 3.0 (looks terrible to start with):
    http://www.phdeed.com/test/xi-3.0.jpg

Thanks for any help,
    David

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The screen shot looks like it is missing the stylesheet completely. But hard to tell without url to check out.

Perhaps new theme has not been copied across properly or is corrupted. Try re-downloading and manually copying over old theme. Or better delete old theme first (you won’t loose your settings).

David Hardy

Okay … I deleted it, re-downloaded it, and re-installed it. And it’s good to go! I don’t know what happened, but thanks for the help!

David

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Sounds like files were missing or corrupt when you installed it first time. Glad its working now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.