Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Version 2.4 Released

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

themeweaver
    Keymaster

IMPORTANT: because this update includes a major update to the themeloom widgets, it is a good idea to go into any instances of the widgets and re-save each one you are using in Appearance-Widgets

In this version:

– improved enqueing of styles

– themeloom widgets now includes a flickr widget

– themeloom widgets updated with a couple of new features and also made ready for release as a separate plugin

NEW THEMELOOM WIDGETS FEATURES:
    – added option to choose heading tag for each entry
    – added option to select which image size to use as thumb. Xi works best if you choose widget size.

Richard
    Participant

Hi there,

The Thumbnails in the Show Posts widgets do not align correctly in relationship to the text with this update. Can you help please?

http://ucim.org/

Richard
    Participant

Okay something new and which seems fundementally wrong with this new version. The skin no long scales based on screen size. It seems to be doing it properly and then at a certain point we are back to old school non-responsive skin. Should I revert to 2.3?

Richard
    Participant

I really do hope this is helpful, but I have tried the scaling issue in all browsers I use – Chrome, FF, IE + mobile phone – and to no avail. As well, it seems that even with the demos and ThemeLoom’s webiste itself that nothing is scaling appropriately. Hope this is of some use!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Really? I have tried here on all browsers and different devices and all seems ok here.

We haven’t changed the responsive bits. Just the widgets.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Version 2.5 corrects a problem with post format formatting in the widget. But this may not be what you have on your site, which we can’t reproduce here. See if the update fixes things.

Richard
    Participant

Hi there,

I am still having the problem. The Widget has not been corrected and I can replicate that this is occurring on more than one computer and one mobile device. So two questions: can you replicate on my site itself? In other words it is scalling fine from your end & is the Show Post Widget functioning appropriately? As well, your site itself is not scaling properly in any browser from my end. I am indeed confused. I am including my own CSS Custom if – for any reason – this may be the culprit? As well, is it possivble to get a copy of 2.3 to see if reverting sets things straight. Any direction would be most helpful 😕

#single-content article{clear:both;}

/* icon menu items */
    li.wc32 {background: url(http://ucim.org/wp-content/themes/LivingOS_Xi-1/LivingOS_Xi/images/icons/buddy/wc_32.png) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.ucc32 {background: url(http://ucim.org/wp-content/themes/LivingOS_Xi-1/LivingOS_Xi/images/icons/buddy/ucc_32.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.affirm32 {background: url(http://ucim.org/wp-content/themes/LivingOS_Xi-1/LivingOS_Xi/images/icons/buddy/affirm_32.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}
    li.ucw32 {background: url(http://ucim.org/wp-content/themes/LivingOS_Xi-1/LivingOS_Xi/images/icons/buddy/ucw_32.png) no-repeat 50% 50%; text-indent: -99999px;width:40px;height:32px;float:left;border:none;}

#features{position:relative;height:auto;}
    .slider .slide-info{
    position:absolute; top:5%;z-index: 500;
    left: 2%;
    background:transparent;overflow:hidden;
    padding: 1em 2em;
    font-size:1.4em;
    color:#003;
    width:38%;
    line-height:1.2;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 black;
    }
    .slide-info h2{line-height:1;font-weight: lighter;font-size:2em;
    text-shadow: 0 2px 0 black;}
    .slide-info h2 a{color:#003; text-shadow: 0 2px 0 black;}
    .slide-info h2 a:hover{border-bottom: 2px dotted #003;}
    .slide-excerpt{margin-bottom:0.5em;max-height:80%;overflow:hidden;}
    .slider .more-link{color:#003;}
    slide-more a{display:none;}

themeweaver
    Keymaster

OK, there is something weird going on here. Please revert to version 2.3 which can be downloaded from the downloads area.

Richard
    Participant

Done – all is well again. I hope this is of some use and if I can do anything to help, please let me know themeweaver!

Richard
    Participant

Confirmed functioning again in Chrome, FF, IE and on BB Torch 9810

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Great. thanks for your help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.