Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Version 1.7 released

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Resolved issued with 1.5 and 1.6 which broke the responsive part of the theme.

IMPORTANT: because 1.5 included a major update to the themeloom widgets, it is a good idea to go into any instances of the widgets and re-save each one you are using in Appearance-Widgets

Oh and we added a Google plusone button to the share buttons.

kam onn siew
    Participant

all images are magnified in Version 1.7 ?
    Check out http://wpstage.standrewschurch.org.my/.

Note in particular the footer icon.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Did you do the IMPORTANT step above?

I.e. go into each instance of the widgets and hit save on each one.

The new widgets let you choose different images sizes but for best results always choose “widget” in this theme. But you MUST re-save widgets after the upgrade.

kam onn siew
    Participant

this too seems peculiar to only IE 8.

I checked out wpstage.standrewschurch.org.my on Chrome, IE on my Windows 7 machine and the website rendered normally.

kam onn siew
    Participant

With version 1.4, IE 8 did not display the gigantic images.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Have you gone into each widget and clicked save? if not do so.

kam onn siew
    Participant

I did.
    I checked on several other machines with IE8 and they all have the same magnified images.
    On those same machines, I tested Firefox and the images were normal sized.

While the other images’ sizes might be subjective, the footer icon size is hard to ignore. I don’t have a widget in the footer area.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

OK, I think I found this, but this should have also been a problem in 1.4 too.

Anyway if you want to try a fix:

1. open the file \base\css\ie.css

2. change last line to

img,object {width: auto\9; /* ie8 */}

instead of width:100%! –

kam onn siew
    Participant

yep, that fixed it

kam onn siew
    Participant

I deployed 1.7 to my live site and started getting HTTP 500.
    Since I did not get the same on the staging site, I believe one of my plugins is interfering with the updated theme files.
    My web hoster says my latest update caused memory limit breaches.

I flipped back to 1.4.
    I would like to troubleshoot the plugins by disabling some plugins, flip to 1.7, repeat until I find the error.
    Each time I do the flip now, I upload 458 files and I have to do in intervals because my web hoster complains that my filezilla session is sending too many sessions.

I need your help to find out the files that changed between 1.7 and 1.4 – so that I only upload those files.

Richard
    Participant

Out of curiosity, did you also upgrade to WP 3.3? And, if so, are all your plugins compatible?

kam onn siew
    Participant

I have not upgraded to wp3.3 on both wpstage and the live sites.

Richard
    Participant

Okay – just thought I would see if that might be a helpful avenue of consideration :)

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Files changed between 1.7 and 1.4 include:

style.css
    header.php
    \base\content.php
    \base\functions.php
    \base\lib\* (or nearly all)
    \base\css\reset.css
    \extend\scripts.php

This is quite a lot but most is in common with other themes (part of the framework).

BUT the theme will not work if you only upload parts of these changes. Most of the changes to php files were to update the way the theme loads css styles. So not uploading one of the files would break the theme.

If you want to eliminate the theme from the cause of your errors, disable all plugins and test your site. But this code is running on many sites without a problem.

From the sound of things you either have a problem with your WordPress install, plugins or even with your host server itself. With regards ftp have you tried setting “Limit number of simultaneous connections” option or perhaps changing any firewall settings.

Jordi Artal

The issue with the large images has been a problem since 1.0 — it only occurs in compatability mode on IE9 or on older browsers. A similar issue, which I’m not sure has been fixed, is that in these older browsers or in compatability mode, all the text is centered.

While on the topic — I think there might be a DOCTYPE or CSS issue because really if the HTML and CSS are clean, IE9 should not even offer the option of compatability mode. Go to, say, google.com and you’ll see that the browser doesn’t even display the compatibility icon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.