Home Forums Mu Theme Discussion & Support Using the display-category custom field

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Barbara E

When using the display-category custom field with the posts-in-category template, is there a way to position the resulting list of posts? Right now, they appear at the end of any other text that appears on the page. I’d like to display the list between text. Thanks!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Not at present. Page content appears in front of the category listing.

But another way to show a list of posts from a category inside the body of a post or page is to use a plugin like List Category Posts.

Barbara E

Thanks for the plug-in suggestion. If I may ask one more question?

Like many others, I’m using the Mu theme on my church website. Much of the work of the website is publicizing events and I’m looking for a way to display posts in event date order. The only solution I was able to find for this issue made changes to the php, of which I know nothing. It used a custom field. Here the link to that page, though it’s way beyond me:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/sort-posts-by-event-date

The “List Category Plugin” did not have this capability.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barbara E

OK. I got brave and tried using the suggested code from the wordpress support page in the Posts In Category template. It did not work, unfortunately.

For some reason, though, now I’m an unable to access the template php through WordPress. It says file not found, though I can get at it with Filezilla.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No you don’t put this in the posts in category template.

You create a normal page and add the shortcode to the content of that page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.