Home Forums Mu Theme Discussion & Support Upgrade MU Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Webb 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark Webb

I was able to download the zip file and went into the wordpress panel and deleted the theme, but when I tried to install it using the zip files through wp-admin it says that the mu theme folder already exists and the install failed.

I realize this might be more of a wordpress support question, but wanted to see if someone might be able to help me here.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m afraid if you use the upload theme feature inside the WordPress dashboard you must first delete the theme in order to install the new version! Don’t worry, your theme settings won’t be lost.

An alternative is to use ftp to upload the theme to your wp-content\themes\ folder. You must unzip the theme package first though.

Mark Webb

Thanks for the help.

I had messed the website up so much that I just basically deleted everything from my wordpress install and started from scratch..I’ve been trying to learn this stuff since last year and Ive got nothing to show for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.