Home Forums General Discussion Twitter Widget?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Can you confirm that there might be an issue with the Twitter API and the widget? I have multiple ThemeLoom sites and your site also seem to be affected?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, Twitter retired their API v1 yesterday. So Twitter widget no longer works.

The big problem is that their new API requires users to set up an API app and get a key. The widget needs to then authenticate against the API to get tweets. We are looking at it right now, but seriously considering retiring the widget..

Any new widget will require you to create a Twitter app and get an API key.

Richard
    Participant

Ah – I hope that you will continue with this widget. As I suspect there will be the same problem with the fb widget not sizing dynamically.

Constance Boyer
    Participant

What kind of twitter app do I need to make to get the info needed? There’s very little basic support on the Twitter KB.

Constance Boyer
    Participant

Sorry!! Typed too soon. If you go to the homepage of the twitter handle that you are managing–click on the gear icon and choose settings.

From there click Widgets, and Create New

There are simple directions to create code for a user timeline, Favorites, List, and for a search term. Fill out the form and it produces code for you to paste into a ThemeLoom text widget, and taa-daa! All done, no finicky Twitter API development needed.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, it can seem a bit scary that you are creating an “app”. You just need the api keys now to use the widget.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.