Home Forums Mu Theme Discussion & Support Transparent Images

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to use an image with a transparent sections, but whenever I upload it the transparent sections appears as black. This happens whether I use a .gif or .png. Since the transparency works elsewhere, I’m sure it is not the image, but I’m not sure what to change to make it work with the Mu theme.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

If this is a simple image placed in a post, then with urban and smooth styles, the images are given a background color as part of the framing. In smooth this is black, in urban it is the earthy color.

If this is not to your liking you could add some custom css in theme options

.post img{background:transparent; border:none;}

If you just want to do this to certain images, you could create a new clss in the custom css:

.transparent{background:transparent; border:none;}

and add the class to any image you want a transparent bg.

Thanks for the advice. I found out that the cause of the black was that I was not hitting “full image” when inserting the image. I silly mistake really, but adding the class was essential to doing what I wanted. Thanks again.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.