Home Forums Lush Theme Discussion & Support Translating with WPML

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Michael Pedersen
    Participant

I’ve just switched to the Lush theme on our web site, but I cannot get the slider in the theme to work with translated content. I’m using the WPML plugin to translate the content.

I use Slider Category, to select wich posts to show in the slider, from post categories in the default language.

I have translated my posts to a second language, but with WPML I also must translate the post categories. This means a translated post will have another category ID.

I changed to the second language with the WPML language switcher on the Theme Options page, and then choosed a translated Slider Category for posts in the slider for the second language. Then the Slider Category setting was lost after I switched back to the default language.

I’ve also tried to use Features instead of Posts as Slider type, but then the slider shows double Features, both the Feature in the default language and the one in the second language.

Any idea how I can solve this?

/Michael

Michael Pedersen
    Participant

I’ve got the slider to work now in different languages, using Features instead of Posts.

/Michael

themeweaver
    Keymaster

great. features are better suited to the slider anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.