Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Translating the theme/Slide size

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Max CM 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pierre-Emmanuel Brugeron

Hi there,

I just bought the Pure Theme, (first premium theme I buy, seems really good) and I seem to have a problem translating (to french) the theme using the codestyling localisation plugin. I get the following error :

Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: livingos
    Expect, that any text you translate will not occure as long as the textdomain is mismatching!
    This is a coding issue at the source files you try to translate, please contact the original Author and explain this mismatch.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.

I guess downloading the .po and using PoEdit would work just fine but I work from 4 different computers, so using the plugin is a huge timesaver for me. Any idea what to do to fix it ? I could send you the french translation files, if the community needs it.

Another question : I noticed that there’s no option to edit the slider height. Is it coming in the futur ? I like the “feature” principle, it’s easy and flexible, but I’m afraid the slider will look huge on the home screen.

Thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

We have been working with the same plugin ourselves recently, and noticed there maybe a few places where we need to update the theme to improve compatibility. But generally the plugin works with our themes.

We’ll try and review the theme and update if necessary. In the meantime you should be able translate text that has the textdomain ‘livingos’.

Some text in the buddypress template files has the “buddypress” textdomain since these will be translated in the plugin and not the theme. So there always will be mixed text domains.

With regards changing feature image sizes, this is defined in the function los_base_thumb_sizes() inside extend\functions.php.

You can safely redefine this function in a child theme and so re-define image sizes used by the slider. Just copy the function into the functions.php file in a child theme and change the sizes.

Pierre-Emmanuel Brugeron

Thanks for the quick response.

Regarding the translation, I understand the problem of the textdomains. Do you recommend staying away from the CodeStyling plugin ?

Regarding the child theme, I tried to include the los_base_thumb option in my child theme but got an error (unexpected endif, if I recall correctly). Do you need the format the los_base_thumb in a particular way to get it to work in the child option ?

Thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

unexpected endif, means you have an unclosed code section somewhere.

I have been using the CodeStyling plugin a lot recently, it is a useful tool. But I think it works best when you get the codestyling plugn to rescan the language file, so it is in a format it is happier with.

Max CM

Hi Key Master,

I’m also having some issues with translating the theme.
    I’m doing it with PoEdit. It works well with most of the website.

But for exemple, the text in english no this page is not translated to french… (the admin bar included ; before installing your great Mint theme, it used to be in french) :

http://abuztil.com/inscription/

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Firstly, the theme shouldn’t affect how the admin bar is translated. This suggests some other problem.

The text on the register page should pick up translation from the buddypress textdomain, it is basically the same as the default theme. I assume you have BuddyPress translations installed.

Also not, extended profile fields (your age etc.) cannot be translated this way – this is a BuddyPress issue.

The codestyling plugin is also worth considering as translation is much easier with this plugin.

Max CM

Thanks for your answer.

Everything worked properly right before I install the theme, so do you think it could have any influence at any “stage” ?

I tried to fix the problem with codestyling (creating a totally new file, doing some translations, creating the .mo file…) but it doesn’t do a thing to the page unfortunatly.

It’s ok for the extended fields, it’s in french already.

Max CM

Thank you for your time and your help, things are fixed !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.