Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Thumbnails – something simple?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rebecca OGrady-Marshall

Hello,

I’m a beginner with the Xi theme, and to Loom themes in general, everything is working superbly but I can’t figure out how the thumbnails work.

I want to have images on the widgets on the front page like on the example front page. Pages, Posts, Latest News etc.

I’ve gone around in circles ticking everything and inserting images into the ‘featured image’ section and ticking the ‘thumbnail’ box, nothing shows up.

I think I’m missing something really simple and need a big push in the right direction.

Thank you!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

1. Your posts must first have featured images. (edit a post and set featured image in bottom right of screen)

see http://themeloom.com/support/framework-codex/post-pages-images-and-thumbnails/

2. Use the Show posts (or pages – you can have thumbs for pages too!). Set show thumbnail option and set size to”widget”.

Also useful to put posts into categories and use widget to display posts from different categories.

Rebecca OGrady-Marshall

Thank you – I didn’t have the thumbnail option set to ‘widget’!!
    I knew it had to be something simple.

Rebecca OGrady-Marshall

OK, it looks great but the images are tiny, is there a simple way to make them bigger?
    Sorry about these basic questions but hopefully there are easy answers!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

It does depend which area you put the widget in, how much space is available to it. But in Xi, if you show thumbs plus excert/title the thumb is off to side. If you show thumbs only you get a bigger image.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.