Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Stick Insects

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roger Leitch 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roger Leitch
    Participant

This is a follow up from my post http://themeloom.com/forums/topic/post-format-icon-visibilty/ I thought I would ask a more general question about what I am trying to achieve.

I am thinking of having a “notice board” page on my church website, where small notices are displayed – a recent real example is someone offering stick insects as pets because they have too many.

There are a number of ways this could work e.g.
    Visitors fill in a form, the form content is then pasted into a post and the show posts shortcode displays it on the page. This would work ok.

I would like something like the post type icons to indicate the type: wanted / for sale / FTAGH / announcements etc.
    I would like the posts to expire automatically after a set date.

Any suggestions on how to do this?
    Are there other solutions available that people could recomend?

Thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The problem with post format icons is they are limited to names given (video, aside etc). To be honest I think they are not that useful unless you are creating a tumblr-ish blog.

A better idea would be either use categories and style per category (add icons with css). Or create your own custom taxonomy, even a post type in this case maybe. Then you can style however you like and have complete control.

If you aren’t up for that much coding you could try one of the cms plugins that provide a ui for creating custom post types and taxonomies. You would still need to create the icons and styles.

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Thanks.
    I think I will keep it simple, just use a contact form and standard posts.
    I can re-assess this if I find the notice board gets busy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.