Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Starting Anew And Stuck on Upkeep Issues

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Russ Lane 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Russ Lane
    Participant

Starting anew, and 2.4 will not upload, so I’m still working with Mint 3.2. Site is wekeepitoff.com, but presently coming soon page is up.

I know in theory these should not be a big deal, but for the life of me there’s a few things I just can’t make happen:

A) I replaced the slider with the logo; how could I arrange it so the logo appears as normal on the remaining pages? In theory I could exclude the front page in header.php, but I get stopped determining the exact code for it.

B) While I’m asking questions, Is it possible to use the slider tech in a widget area?

C) I read the post on making excepts of the category pages, but how to amend content.php to not include full posts did not quite sink in.

D) I also noticed the spacing of my main menu seems a wee bit high. I realized there’s only so much that can be done with spacing because of the site’s adaptability to web pages, but I wanted to check.

(I normally use the Codex for most coding questions but the code structure here eludes me).

Russ Lane
    Participant

…and apparently my tomfoolery caused the site to break, such that I cannot pull up individual posts now. Going to try to reload a untouched content.php form the zip file.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Sorry for slow response, but are you still needing help with this?

A) – you seem to have logo workign?

B) – there is no widget for the slider

C) – Not quite sure what you are asking here?

D) – You can adjust menu spacing with a bit of css. Mostly by adding custom CSS for:
    .nav-menu a {
    padding: 9px 1.5em;
    }

Russ Lane
    Participant

Thanks Themeweaver.

C is my biggest issue. When I click a subheading, I get articles in full in one long mass as a result. I’m trying to get excepts only for readability and user friendliness. I’ve been battling that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.