Home Forums General Discussion speeding up access from mobile devices

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Roger Leitch
    Participant

This article describes browser changes and settings that can speed access by removing a built in delay.

http://updates.html5rocks.com/2013/12/300ms-tap-delay-gone-away

Can the suggested meta statement be added to your responsive themes?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Have you tried it? Tested it? Does it work?

We already have a similar meta tag in the theme. We will have to look into it.

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Not tried it yet, I will have to find out how to get the beta version.

I did check that the behaviour of pages matched the requirements for the feature to work, provided the meta statement is used.

Assuming it does, then it’s another selling point for your responsive themes.

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Now tried it out with the Chrome beta Browser on a Nexus7 and Nexus 4 to a test site using the grow theme.

(I checked and the theme contains <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0″/> in the header). The example in the article did not have the initial-scale parameter.

It was hard to spot any significant speed increase if changing pages, but swapping tabs seemed slightly quicker.

I think you would need special test equipment to measure it properly.

It’s good to know that the theme is ready for when the improvements go live.
    #cuttingedge

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The current viewport meta tag in the theme is there for responsive design purposes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.