Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Slider not showing up?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Guy Hall

I created some features and gave each a featured image. In the Theme Options I selected ALL, and set the type to Features. The slider isn’t showing up on the Home page. What am I leaving out?

Richard
    Participant

Are you able to provide a link Guy?

Guy Hall

No, the site isn’t live yet and still password protected. But what I’ve done is upload some images to the media library, create two new features and chosen images from the library as their feature images. The features don’t contain any text in the text edit box but have a redirect url to other pages on the site. I’ve assigned each feature a category.

In the Theme Options/slider controls I’ve selected the slider type to Features. I’ve tried the different slider category options, including ALL.

The slider doesn’t show up on the home page and I’m scratching my head as to why not.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have done everything correctly. As long as the features each have a feature image and a title it should work.

We would need a url to take a closer look for you.

A couple of things to check:

1. Do your images actually show in the feature image box. Sometimes if permissions are not correct Wp gives the impression that images have been uploaded, but they haven’t. Also do the images physically exist in your uploads folder (use ftp to check)

2. Disable plugins – all of theme is best first case test. Sometimes there can be conflicts.

Guy Hall

Yes, the feature images show in the feature image box. I’ll double-check that they’re in the folder & try disabling the plugins.

My site should be going live this weekend, so I can post a url after that. Thanks for the help.

Guy Hall

I only have a few plugins and disabled them and still no slider. So I re-activated the tubepress plugin I use to display our sermon videos.

Here’s our site – http://www.fccn.org if you want to take a look at it.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Looks like you are using a static front page? Don’t! The slider won’t appear in this case. Settings-Reading (i think).

Leave it set to “your latest posts” – actually it won’t display your latest posts, but will give you a blank canvas into which you can drag various widgets to create your home page. See user guide fora example of which widgets are used in the demo.

Guy Hall

That did it. I knew it was something simple. Thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

:-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.