Home Forums Mu Theme Discussion & Support Site Title and Logo overtop of each other

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stacy Tebbutt 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stacy Tebbutt

Hi all,

A while back I inserted an image logo at the top of the page that has our church name integrated into it.

In order to do this, I had to leave the “Site Title” blank in General Settings, or else the logo and the site title overlapped each other on the home page.

The only problem is that I just recently realized that when you look up our church in Google, in the search results our name comes up as “untitled” because the “Site Title” is blank.

So, can you step me through the code changes I would have to make for me to insert the church name in “Site Title” without it showing up on the home page?

Thanks in advance,
    Stacy

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You can hide any element in css with :

display:none;

So to hide the title add the following to the custom css in theme options:

div#header h1 {
    display:none;
    }

This is much better than leaving your site title blank, since as you say search engines need the title.

Stacy Tebbutt

Got it! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just have to get Google to re-index the site so the title shows up in the search again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.