Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Show posts shortcode

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Truscott 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Is there any way to add pagination to the shortcode used in a page? I really prefer the layout you get using the shortcode in a page (x number of columns and y posts per page).

But using the shortcode you can only get the y number of posts – and no pagination for the rest of the posts.

Any chance of additional option in the shortcode for a future version, i.e. pagination=”0″ or “1”

Blessings
    Nick

themeweaver
    Keymaster

But that is what the blog page and gallery templates do really. They query posts and produced a paginated view.

If you need thumbs of posts in a paginated display the gallery template would be the best place to start. Or create a new template based on this one?

e.g. http://puretheme.themeloom.com/features/templates/gallery-template-ex-2/

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Thanks Tim,

I’m just not a programmer sort of guy! Don’t really want to be making custom templates for someone else to manage down the line. I’m a bit overwhelmed by their whole strategic communications needs actually at the moment so I don’t really have time for template design – and I guess my ‘likes’ may well not mean anything to the ‘client’. 🙂

Thanks for the feedback and advice though.

Nx

themeweaver
    Keymaster

OK, but the gallery template is pretty close to what the shortcode will do.

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Thanks Tim – that looks good, we’ll leave it like that for now.

Nick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.