Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Revision 1.3

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Perhaps it is my connexion, but since updating, the site seems slower. Anyway I can test that?

As well, if you have time, I have started this conversation @ WordPress: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-ie-9-slideshow-anomaly?replies=1

I am not sure why, perhaps something new to the skin update, but IE is not displaying the slideshow correctly. Any thoughts?

Richard
    Participant

Update: Previewing the site with the default WP Themes (Twenty Ten & Eleven 1.2)the flash gallery works fine. It seems to be some sort of conflict with the Xi Theme. Any suggestions as to course of action? Perhaps a Custom CSS fix?

Richard
    Participant

Update: The issue also seems to be present in the NextGen Widget. When I adjust the Next Gen Widget, it does respond to the size change. As well, the slideshow – the Gallery proper – does respond to any changes made in the top to bottom – vertical – dimension, but there is no change horizontally – right to left. I do hope this is helpful?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I have just visited your site, the flash gallery seems to be working fine in Chrome, IE8 +9 and FireFox.

The popup window loads pretty slow in IE, but it does work. Other than that can’t see much wrong.

Richard
    Participant

Really? From my end the gallery in IE is compressed unnaturally. Can you confirm the same general layout in IE, FF & Chrome from your vantage? If so, what does that mean about my various local install? This is replicated on three different systems!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

It looks exactly the same on all browsers I have include IE. It isn’t compress and it even resizes when I resize the browser.

here is a screenshot from IE8
    http://themeloom.com/misc/um-ie8.png

Richard
    Participant

Ah – now I see the confusion. I am not talking about the Gallery. I too have no cross-browser issues. The trouble is when you choose ‘show as slideshow.’ Can you confirm there is consistency across all browsers?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Its using Flash – yuk! You really shouldn’t be using Flash.

Flash is not supported on 64-bit systems (like mine) unless you install the beta version of the flash player.

Flash is not supported on iPads, or iPods, or IPhones – part of the reason for having Xi, a responsive theme.

I am running 64bit Windows and so when I click slideshow I just get a link to download flash, which I can’t because:
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

When I run on a system with the beta flash player installed then there does appear to be an issue in IE alone.

I will see what I can do but I would not use this at all fro the above reasons.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I have emailed you a possible fix.

Richard
    Participant

Thanks – brilliant!

Richard
    Participant

In respect to your concern, unfortunately the purchase has already been made to use Monoslideshow. I will revisit it if there is enough pushback. As for 64b systems not working – what are you running?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I have a fresh windows 7 64bit and IE8 on a Dell laptop. By default it doesn’t show! I had to download and install a Beta version of the flash player to make it run!

Richard
    Participant

I too am running a 64-bit W7 – but have avoided IE in 64-bit as it has more than just issues with Flash fwiiw … FF is my default browser, then Chrome and finally IE 9 if I have to do financial stuff – as many sites still use it as the default.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, a lot of people use IE, that’s the problem. For churches, a lot of not so techy people will by default be using IE and often older versions than you.

Richard
    Participant

Agreed – though 9 is ‘better’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.