Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Pure: Area below search for widgets?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JM Knowles 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

JM Knowles

Can I put widgets below the search bar? and then have those move to the bottom for smaller screens?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Not at present, just isn’t possible with this theme.

JM Knowles

How hard do you think it would be to modify the code and CSS to achieve this? Is it doable or do you think it would be a nightmare? I haven’t had a chance to really look at the code to see what is going on. I am wordpress developer but have been late to get in the game with responsive themes.

Also do you have recommended developers who work with your themes a lot?

JM Knowles

… oh i just noticed you offer customizations. Is this the sort of thing you could do?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes I do custom projects.

Though I’m not so sure how this particular requirement would work. This is one of the things with responsive design, there are compromises to be made.

If you put a widget area under the searchbox, where should it go when you scale down the desktop below 1024px? Where does it go when you reach mobile size?

The easiest solution, that would work is that the content simply disappears below 1024px, but then why bother at all in that case?

I’m not sure the structure of the theme would allow it to be repositioned at the bottom. Technically I don’t think it can be done without recoding the whole navigation/header area.

Of course nothing is impossible with enough effort and code, but this theme as it stands does not lend itself to this.

JM Knowles

A belated thank you do this reply.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.