Home Forums General Discussion Pull Quote/Block Quote Plugin/Tweak Suggesitons?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hey there ThemeLoom folk,

I am just wondering if anyone is running a plugin that is effective for Pull Quotes and tweaking block quotes? I am hoping to make use of these to add more visual depth to the themes – Xi & Mint – that I am currently running and would be grateful for any experiences/wisdom that you might have time to share 🙂

themeweaver
    Keymaster

So you want to customise blockqoute stying? You just need to use some css.

blockquote {

}

Richard
    Participant

Perhaps I do – my challenge is that plugins are usu more helpful as I do not know all the code. Specifically, a pull quote code. Is there a place that help with right/left/centre align and such? Otherwise, I keep looking for an efficient plugin 😉

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Can’t see there would be a plugin that would do that. Blockquote styling is part of any theme so it also down to choice of theme. To customise you just need some basic CSS skills.

Richard
    Participant

Thx! Some of the plugins I have been looking at are: Graceful Pull-Quote http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/graceful-pull-quotes/ & Simple Pull Quote http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-pull-quote/

I like how they add an image like layer but repeats text for reinforcement. Neither – however – are up to date with the most recent WP deploy, so thought you might have some ideas. As for CSS, I admit I was hoping there was a simple in-post code to align and such.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.