Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Post Format Icon Visibilty

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Roger Leitch
    Participant

The icon associated with different post formats (Audio, image, aside etc) is visible when using the widget and when looking at a post via site.url/category/categoryname

It is not visible when using the show posts short code or when viewing a post itself via the read more link.

Is there a way of getting the icon visible using the short code?

The reason is I am thinking of a page showing posts in a specific category, but using the format icon to visually show the type of post.

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Just tried an alternate approach – using the blog page type.

This almost does what I want, but I would want it to have two columns (posts_per_row = 2) and the full page width.

How easy is it to create another template (in a child theme)?
    Is it a case of copying an existing template and renaming it?
    I am looking at the template code and cannot see how the page width is set – any suggestions?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Things like page width etc should never be set in template code. This is the realm of CSS.

1. The shortcode does have a post_formats parameter which when set to true should work. But it doesn’t right now for some reason, so have logged as bug for now. Should be fixed in next release.

2. To create a template with a column layout, you really need some kind of fusion of the gallery template and blog template. The gallery template includes code for creating the css selectors to produce the column layout, but the blog template brings in the post formats and post content.

There is no problem with creating extra templates – that is what they are there for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.