Home Forums General Discussion Plugins working on Lush but not on Mint

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Simon Lee
    Participant

Hi,

I have two Buddypress sites – one using the Lush theme and the other using Mint.

On the site using the Lush theme, I can activate the Buddpress plugins Group email subscriptions and Group Documents without any problems. On the site using the Mint theme, the moment I activate either of these plugins, the Buddypress forums stop working ( When I select the Forums link I get the page header and nothing after that).

In every other way I can see the sites are identical – same Buddypress and WordPress versions, same plugins, same hosting server. Is there some difference between the Lush and Mint themes that could be causing this problem?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The two themes are very similar and in fact share the same buddypress code.

Do you have the same settings in BuddyPress and for the forums?

Is it both plugins in combination causing issue or either one?

Simon Lee
    Participant

Group Email Subscription sort of works on its own, but using Group Documents or any WYSIWYG plugin for the forum editor causes the forums to stop working immediately.

I have just tried switching the theme to Buddypress default for this site and then everything works fine, so it probably is some interaction between the theme and the plugins. Why it does this for Mint and not for Lush is the mystery!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Do you have a url I can look at?

Simon Lee
    Participant

No problem, the URL is http://www.sabisa.org

I have made the “SABISA” group public, so you can see the forum behaviour with the plugins activated.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

That is a little strange. It seems to be stopping in the middle of outputting the menu. Can you look in any error logs? Or maybe run in debug mode.

Simon Lee
    Participant

Thanks – found the problem with debug; it was running out of PHP memory!

I have increased the memory allocation and everything seems fine now.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, if you have buddypress then that makes sense.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.