Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Plain Box Style Askew

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

http://ucim.org/2012/03/blog-a-deacons-musing-lent-poetry-remits/

In FF, IE & Chrome the Plain the Plain Boxes, after there are no more widgets on the right, seem not to be sized properly (the first one is okay). Can you see this? Does the concern make sense? Any direction how to adjust the proportion or is this WP specific and not theme related?

Note: The Media Box at the bottom does not display this anomaly and is in scale

themeweaver
    Keymaster

This is most likely to be a missing/incomplete tag in your content markup.

Also you have applied box class to columns, and have a columns inside a columns class. This may need to be tidier.

Because box classes apply padding they must be applied to their own div without width which columns and layout classes apply.

Richard
    Participant

I suspect it is the column part – how would I may that cleaner?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

If you want columns inside a box, then do something like:

<div class="box">
      <div class="columns">
        <div class="one-half">
        </div>
       <div class="one-half last">
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>

I think you current have columns and box applied to the same div.

Richard
    Participant

That’s awesome! Thanks! When I choose the options through the WYSIWYG in the future, is there a process that will repeat this or should I just keep the code on hand?

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Hi, I frequently experienced the same problem with the WYSIWG editor.

Dragging / dropping or pasting seems hit and miss, even though there is a guide as to what tags are active at the bottom.

I now only use the WYSIWYG editor to apply simple styles and insert the formatting elements I need, like columns, shortcodes / images. Then change to the HTML editor and move the text and formatting tags around to where I want them.

So it’s not only you having problems 😉

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, I’m afraid the visual editor requires careful use with anything more complex.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.