Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Omit Single Category from

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert DeGray 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Robert DeGray
    Participant

Revisiting http://themeloom.com/forums/topic/exclude-category-from-show-posts-widget/

We’re still on a Child Theme of version 3.1 of Xi (I guess I was expecting automatic notifications of updates).

I’m wondering if any built-in capabilities or easy-to-use child capabilities now exist which would allow me to exclude categories from Show Posts?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I assume you mean the widget/shortcode.

There isn’t an exclude category option at present. Largely because we try to keep things simple. There are other plugins/widgets that give you absolutely every WordPress query option.

In this case you could create a specific category just for the posts you want to show rather than have an exclude operation.

Robert DeGray
    Participant

Bleh. Making all authors add to a specific category is definitely not what we want.

I want to keep the overall look provided by the theme, so using other plugins/widgets is more work & maintenance than desired too.

Does that mean there’s still no way to extend the Xi widget and just tweak it in my extension?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You’ll be pleased to know we added the exluded cat feature to the widgets and shortcode. Easier than trying to explain other options!

But for now this is only available in the plugin version of the widgets.

Install from here : http://wordpress.org/plugins/themeloom-widgets/

This will replace your theme’s widgets with the latest and greatest. It now has an exclude_cat param in the shortcode and a field in the widget.

Robert DeGray
    Participant

Hah, nag enough and people give in just to shut you up :-) Seriously, though, thank you!

Robert DeGray
    Participant

Seems to be working perfectly, and just a very simple change to the interface. Thanks, again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.