Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support NextGen 1.9.11

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

http://ucim.org/church/gallery-2/

Seems that with the newest version of NextGen the Compact view seems to be skewered when browser is maximized. I have queried NextGen as well, but was wondering if you had any thoughts as to whether there’s a skin conflict somewhere?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Not sure but Next Gen gallery has padding as well as width applied to an element, which for as long as I can remember is guaranteed to break alayout because of the way different browsers handle the box model.

Anybody learning CSS learns on day 1. If you apply width, then do not apply padding left or right.

Here is what you have at present:

.ngg-album-compact {
    float: left;
    padding-right: 6px !important; <<<- and they are even forcing padding here which is crazy margin: 0px !important; text-align: left; width: 120px; <<<- can't have width and padding right as on some browsers width ends up as 126px! } Use a plugin that does CSS properly!

Richard
    Participant

Can I manually adjust that or will that knacker everything for the plugin? I am surprised that with such a well used plugin there seems to be this core issue 😕

Richard
    Participant

This is the solution I have come up with – thoughts?

.ngg-album-compact {
    float:left;
    padding-right:16px !important;
    margin:0px !important;
    text-align:left;
    width:126px;
    }

themeweaver
    Keymaster

But you’ve made it worse!!

Get rid of padding and us margin-right instead. But as this isn’t my plugin I have no idea why they are using ! important to force padding and margins here. It usually means they are trying to fix some other issue.

To properly integrate plugins like this with a theme, sometimes you are better stripping out their css and starting again.

Richard
    Participant

I tried that but I was getting pretty high with the right padding and nothing was working 😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.