Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Memory job — customizing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Russ Lane
    Participant

I’d like the photos to require a gutter (might be mixing terms — space around the caption such that it’s not bumping immediately into the text). And also ditch the upstyle casing and confine captions to the photo size (such that they don’t dominate the screen.

Essentially bring more magazine-like elements into the party.

Also, the documentation did not make this clear:

In terms of ways we can use it, what’s the difference between “feature,” a post, and a “blog-image” page? Everything I imported went into the posts category. Is there no way to change formats more easily?

(bear in mind one of my writers will be on national TV tomorrow and now I’m rebuilding a blog from scratch. help is needed and time is short. No pressure or anything).

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Features are just for the slider.

A blog image page is a page for showing posts with their feature images (std WordPress feature images).

Russ Lane
    Participant

Thanks. the actual problem was not being used to designing-by-widget. It’s really sad when designers work so hard to make it easy that it angers you because you’re used to everything being hard.

*egg on face* Very clever of y’all.

That said: I’m still trying to figure out how y’all arranged text boxes on the front , and how graphics could be inlaid (looking at the graphcis in the template).

Also: for the life of me I can’t find those awesome social network icons.

Trying to get all the noob questions out of the way.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The show post and pages widgets can use the feature images of a post/page to show a thumb nail.

Social network icons are added to a WordPress menu and then you can use the custom menu widget in the footer. See http://themeloom.com/support/framework-codex/setting-up-menus/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.