Home Forums Lush Theme Discussion & Support Lush: Slider display disappearing, indicating more contents than actual

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kristie Smith
    Participant

We built a site using Lush 1.5 (installed on hosted site, not in WordPress) and starting experiencing troubles with the Main Page slider. The slider worked fine for several days, scrolling through 4 features that redirect to other pages. We have not put any custom CSS on the site or made any changes to the slider settings — we are strictly working through the WordPress dashboard.

Today we upgraded to Lush 1.6 on our site and continue experiencing the same trouble. The CSS code is below. Our developers are not familiar with CSS (which is why we’re working with the theme settings only), and need to get this resolved so we can reach an official site roll-out deadline.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated. You can see the problem in action at http://www.ourschoolsourvalley.org. The CSS code from that page is below.

Thank you!

==

**removed code**

Kristie Smith
    Participant

Returning to say that, after looking through other Slider support issues on the forum, we have gone through the exercise of removing plugins systematically. The only plugins still running on our site are:

Jetpack by WordPress
    ThemeLoom Widgets
    Welcome to WordPress

The slider problem remains, however.

Kristie Smith
    Participant

Just deactivated JetPack by WordPress — the slider issue is resolved. But that seems to speak to a larger issue, i.e., why is this theme not compatible with the WordPress JetPack functionality?

Kristie Smith
    Participant

Sorry to keep posting, but I’ll give you an example — if Lush is not compatible with the WordPress JetPack, our site has lost the ability to use the social media share functionality that’s built into the JetPack plugin. What other options are out there that <i>will</i> work successfully with Lush?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

JetPack causes issues with lot sof plugins actually.

And which modules of JetPack were you using?

Kristie Smith
    Participant

We’d only activated a few — Publicity and the WordPress site analytics

Kristie Smith
    Participant

Are you able to recommend an existing plugin that is known to work with Lush that offers the social share capabilities as an alternative to JetPack?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Well I have JetPack running on our test server without a problem.

Could you enable JetPack on your site and send us the url to view?

Or – the theme has built-in share buttons. The latest versio of the theme lets you enable/disable these from the theme options page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.