This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Truscott 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Nick Truscott
    Participant

I need 150-200px additional height in the logo – otherwise it is just too small for an image and text.

Where in the template/css or whatever can I alter the available height for the logo so that it does not resize. I’d like to design the logo at a precise height / width and have that precise height / width available in the template.

Thanks

Nick

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The logo, like all images in a responsive theme has max-width:100% and height:auto.

So I’m not sure what you mean by needing additional height. The image should resize to fill width, maintaining aspect ratio of image. So the only thing restricting the size of your logo is the width of the left sidebar.

Specific dimensions are not set by the theme.

You could add height and width to your custom css using this slector

#logo img{
    height: …px
    width: …px
    max-width:auto;
    }

But your image is no longer responsive. So when a user resizes their browser, what will happen. In Pure for smaller desktops and ipads, all the stuff down the left ends up at the top. If your logo is too tall, it will look rather odd.

Nick Truscott
    Participant

OK thanks – I though the theme restricted the height. I will play with it – doesn;t need to be much – might even be only 50px

Thanks Tim

themeweaver
    Keymaster

If you want taller images, you need to make them with less width. The css does not apply dimensions to them.

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Hi Tim, thanks for that.

I tried setting the custom css:
    #logo img{
    height: 200px
    width: 100px
    max-width:auto;
    }

Butit doesn’t appear to make any difference (unless I have done something else wrong).

I’ve tried making a taller logo image (http://frrme.small-beginnings.net) but it looks a bit daft – it is narrower than the space available and just looks small.

any more advice – or just forget it?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You missed the semi-colons off the end of the height and width attributes!!

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Duh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.