Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Inserting show posts for events

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ald

Tim, I am trying to use the Insert Show Posts to display featured events within a page. I have created a category ‘featured events’ (id 136) for the events that I want to show in a page and am using a default page template. I have tried various short codes but can only get normal posts and not event posts to display in pages. For example, I have tried:

[los_showposts post_type="posts" columns="3" content="true" heading="true" cat_id="136" num_posts="3" ]

Does this Show Posts feature work to display event posts or only normal posts? It it does work for event posts, how do I get three events with a featured image, headline and content to display in 3 columns? Thanks.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No, the show posts shortcode does not work with the event posts type.

But you can use the even post type shortcode:

[los_events date_format=”l, jS F” time_format=”g:ia” num_posts=”10″ date_window=”700″ category=”homegroup”]

It uses the category name rather than ID. More on it here: http://themeloom.com/support/framework-codex/using-the-event-manager-post-type/

There is also a button in the Visual Editor for inserting this code.

But the events code does not use featured images, or have column layout.

ald

Thanks, Tim. I can’t seem to get the category function to work when using the event type post short code.

I’ve set up a category called ‘Featured’, checked three event posts and then inserted the following into a page:

[los_events date_format="l, jS F" time_format="g:ia" num_posts="10" date_window="365" category="Featured" ]

The pages says ‘No events yet’. I am using MINT 1.2 and the event type post short code works when not specifying the category.

It would be nice to be able to display a thumb of the featured image using the event type post. Any chance of that in the next release or, preferably, to enable the Insert Show Posts function for events?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Category should work.

All I can suggest is you double check your category name and make sure events in this category meet your date window criteria.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.