Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support How to Remove Menu Page TItle?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Price 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dave Price

Hi-

How do you remove the menu page title from certain pages and not others? For example, on my home page in the upper left hand corner just below the logo it shows “Home”. I would like this removed only on the Home page but kept on the rest. Thanks!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Not sure what you mean.

Pages have a title, so they are shown.

Sounds like you are using a static home page? This theme has a fully widgetized default home page. You should set the settings in settings-reading to Show Latest posts and not use a static front page.

I know some other themes make use of the static page option to provide different options, but not with our themes. We use widgets instead to provide the flexibility.

Dave Price

Ok, great I was able to fix the home page. However, I am still trying to remove page titles on other pages. For example, some pages will show “Blog Archives” and others will show a page title that is the same as the menu title clicked on. In other instances, I may click on let’s say “Products” but I would like to change the page title from “Products” to “All Fitness Products”. How do I hide/remove/change these page titles?

Thanks for your help.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You could try thinking the other way round?

In the menu builder you can give your menu items any name you like. So you could give your page the title you actually want to show, then in the menu give the shorter or alternative version.

OR you could use CSS. Providing you can find a css selector to get the item you need and use display:none;

E.g.

.postid-2813 h1.entry-title{display:none;}

or

.page-id-725 h1.entry-title{…}

will get rid of the title on the specific page or post only.

With all our themes each page has a unique class id like this. So really this is the only way to do it. You may need to view source on the pages in question to get the css selector you need.

There may also be a plugin around that adds this kind of logic for you, but standard WordPress has pages and those pages have titles. A WordPress theme simply has to display them.

Dave Price

Ok great, thanks for your help! Love the theme!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.