Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support How to get Blog posts listing with pictures?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

grunjuger

Hi
    I love this theme and the possibilities it allows.
    Unfortunately I can’t find how to get posts list with featuring pictures in blog template.
    I found how to make appearing featuring pictures on the top of single post page with a shortcode but nothing else.
    Do I miss something?

To be clear, I mean a picture of the article above, behind or close to the article title and the excerpt as usual layout in a blog listing.

Thanks.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Create a new page and set the page template to “Blog – Images”.

Any posts with a “feature image” will show with an image.

See user docs for custom fields to restrict blog page to a specific category.

For example: http://buddy.livingos.com/mint/features/templates/blog-with-images/

grunjuger

But how to show all posts with for example 10 posts per page then?
    I mean with your method, if I have 200posts, I will have to create 20 pages more …

grunjuger

I found the solution with a shortcode but all the posts of a category is in the same page and I’m quite unsatisfied.
    I hope another option will be implemented.
    Thanks for your help.

grunjuger

[los_showposts post_type="posts" columns="2" content="true" heading="true" post_formats="true" dates="true" thumbs="true" categories="true" author="true" post_class="los-custom-post" cat_id="6" num_posts="500000" ]

themeweaver
    Keymaster

No, use the blog-image template. The blog-image page template paginates the listing. See the example. there are links to page 1,2 etc at bottom of page. If you have 200 posts, there will be ten pages.

The blog-image page template is what you need. It creates a standard blog view with images of posts. It can also be used to display from just one category and you can control the number per page.

See here for custom fields: http://themeloom.com/support/framework-codex/controlling-features-with-custom-fields/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.