Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Header position and background

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Coach Sbn

Hi
    The default header is placed in the middle of the header background.
    I’d like to move it to the left like it is in the Xi preview.
    And also I’m trying to find out how to slim down the header background.

Thanks for helping

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Actually..

By default your header shows the site title and description which appears centrally. The demo and most users disable this, which you can do in theme options and just use a logo. The logo appears to the left and is set in theme options. this is what you see in the demo. It is all done in theme options.

Slim down header background? Can you be more specific? Disabling the display of title/description will reduce its size since it takes up space.

Richard
    Participant

Could you share how I would add code to change the colour of of the header’s text? this is what I have right now:

.nav-menu a, .page-menu a{font-weight:bold;}

Currently I would like the header text to pop more. Any suggestions or font that might help? I am wanting to match the font colour to the royal blue that is in the profile pic here and that is our church’s logo, if that helps? Thanks for your ongoing support!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You have a white background so text shadow also needs to change from white to something that will ‘pop’ on a white bg.

Something like this:

ul.page-menu a, .nav-menu a, .nav-menu a:visited, .nav-menu ul a, .nav-menu ul a:visited {
    color:#333;
    color: #0068A8;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #CCC;
    font-weight:bold;
    }

Maybe also play with font-size e.g.

font-size: 1.4em;

Always use em units for font size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.