Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Forum styles don't work

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

deltakid

I haven no idea what’s wrong with it. I installed bp 1.5 and the latest bbpress via bp and use the latest Pure version. It seems no styles are applied to the forums.

I installed site wide forums and I see in your demo you have them only for groups if I get that right. Can you please check on that? Seems like my bbpress loads the bbpress theme files.

deltakid

Alright it just doesn’t work with site wide forums. I will keep group forums in this case. Anyway, the theme is a m a z i n g. Really well done! Clean code, love the typography integration and so on. Keep up the good work!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Did you have BuddyPress enabled in the theme options? This would explain lack of styling.

deltakid

It’s all good. I had everything enabled. As I said there seems to be no support for site wide forums but thats ok. Thanks!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

I will have a look at the site wide issue. I think one of the confusing things is that the latest version of bbPress seems to put an alert in the Appearance section to say that the theme does not include bbPress support. It shows this even when BuddyPress is installed.

The whole point of bbPress was to be theme independent, so it should work fine in just about any theme.

kareem kwong

I’m having trouble with this as welll, would appreciate any help! It also affects my “Recently active members” Widget

themeweaver
    Keymaster

If you are using BuddyPress, you must “enable buddypress” in the Pure theme options page.

this loads the styling for BuddyPress.

If you use bbpress standalone then the whole point of bbPress is that it is theme independent. But I am aware that bbPress will display a notification message to say that default files are being loaded. There is nothing wrong with this.

If the theme isn’t displaying correctly for whatever reason then either lets us have a url or send us a screenshot via the priority support request form: http://themeloom.com/support/priority-support/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.