Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support First Homepage Area widget

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I think I once asked this question in relation to Xi – but now I’m working in Pure on a project.

http://villagebulgaria.com/

I have disabled the slider, but the default text box for the First Homepage Area still comes up. So I put in a blank txt widget – and the default text disappears – but the underlying grey box still appears at the top of the home page, unlike all the other front page widgets, i.e. if you do not use them there is no space used in the front page.

I’ve installed 2.1 (as I thought you had suggested the last time I posted that the default text for area 1 would be removed at some point) but it’s still there.

Please can you advise a change to the function or css (whatever is necessary) how to make the grey box from the first widget area disappear and not take up any page space.

Thanks much.
    Nick

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Quickest way would be to add css:

#first-content .widget-first{display:none;}

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Many thanks – a great quick fix

But the space/place for the first homepage area does still take space so the widgets you do want are not aligned, for example, with the logo.

Is this (and the default text in the first page widget area) perhaps going to be resolved in future versions of Pure/XI?

Thanks again Tim.

Nx

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Or maybe get rid of whole first content area:

#first-content {display:none;}

The theme design includes a slider and the strapline underneath. It is difficult to provide for every possible customisation.

And for some users, when faced with a totally blank home page – I get lots of emails wanting help! So default text is needed to help those users not so familiar with wp etc. Most users don’t customise the themes as heavily as you and have chosen the theme because of the way it looks on the demo.

User who who do customise tend to be other designers/developers and the themes and any default behaviours are pretty easy to customise in a child theme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.