Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Featured Sliders configure

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Startup Freak

I need to configure slider differently for index, Category A, B, C etc. How can i do that ?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You set the category for the slider in theme options.

Startup Freak

Yes, there is an option for setting the featured posts to be shown from a particular category.

I am interested to create multiple sliders based on the category for category page

For a Category A – slider should have posts from A

similiar to B, C etc.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

There isn’t a simple way of doing this. The slider currently only sits in the home page.

To have a slider appear on a category page you would need to customise the category.php file in the theme which is used by WordPress when a specific category is being viewed. Or create a new page template (customising the blog template which can be used to pull posts from different categories would be a good starting place).

You would need also to integrate the slider into either of these options to make it work or use a slider plugin that does this for you.

This isn’t a five minute job or one that can be fully detailed here. And it does depend how much coding experience you have.

We can offer customisations services if required (see http://themeloom.com/custom-wordpress-themes/)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.