Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Featured images not being displayed

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Just noticed that the featured image is not appearing at the top of pages.
    I have checked and post-image-head is still set as 1.

Tried changing the value, disabling plugins, child theme.
    Problem occurs on 2 sites but not another (different hosting service).

e.g. http://www.scfchurch.co.uk/homepage/contact/ should have a featured image.
    The thumbnail of the featured images is appearing in widgets and parent pages.

wordpress version is 3.4.1, version 2.2 of the theme.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Are you sure all sites are using the same theme? Pure?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Actually Pure (and most other themes) won’t show feature image on a page by default. I think the logic here could be improved in the theme, but for now you need to following code in a functions.php:

function enable_thumbs_on_pages(){
      return TRUE;
    }
    add_filter( 'livingos_images_on_pages','enable_thumbs_on_pages');

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Just rechecked and it is the same on all 3 sites – (2 Church ones and my Personal site).

I am certain that this was working before, as I recall forgetting to add post-image-head and then setting it in order turn on the image. Perhaps it was working by accident rather than design and one of the updates to WP or the theme “fixed” it.

I have added the code suggested to the one site that currently uses a child theme and that works.

I will now add child themes to the other sites and include this code.

Thanks again for the fast response.

I am now puzzled as to why I did not spot it earlier!

Breshana Miller
    Participant

I’m new to themeloom and building websites. I would like an image header at the top of my pages other than just the slider on my homepage. I thought setting the feature image would allow that, but nothing is happening when I save my changes.

Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong or if I need to do something other than set a featured image.
    thanks

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The slider uses “features” (or posts if you set that in theme options).

So create a new feature from the Features-Add New menu on the left of your dashboard.

Make sure the feature as a feature image and it should appear automatically.

If not let us know the url and we can have a look.

ALSO, you should really create a new topic under the correct forum when you need help. That way you question won’t get missed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.