Home Forums General Discussion Feature Request for Events Functionality

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Truscott 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nick Truscott
    Participant

I know that the functionaility you have built into the themes is supposed to be basic – and they absolutely do what they are supposed to – so please dont take this as a criticism :-). I really like that you don’t need to add loads of plugins and I am keen NOT to load up with plugins.

Working with events, is it possible to add a URL redirect to the LOCATION field – e.g. the location of the event is St Paul’s Hammersmith, and user can add a URL which will take visitors to the St Paul’s website if they click on the ‘location’ information.

At the moment, the redirect URL gets attached to the title of the event, which might be less useful unless there is a page/post on some other website that you want to take people too.

Thanks
    Nick

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The location field will take a little html so you could add an anchor tag rather than just plain text in this field.

See Xi demo which already had this http://xi.hydeinternet.com/events/

Nick Truscott
    Participant

OK, I see and of course that make’s sense.

However, my request still stands 🙂 – I’m going to be training clerical/admin staff to enter events, etc. and I’d rather not have to teach them how to write a link in HTML.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.