Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Events Page: Missing Widgets?

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

http://ucim.org/?page_id=422

I have now set up an Events page and it seems that there are widgets missing compared to the other many pages. Is this intentionally part of the Events page?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

If you used the calendar template, then yes this is a wider template.

But the events page on the preview does not use this, it uses an ordinary page, and then use the shortcode or insert with button in visual editor.

There is a bit more in the docs about these features now!

Richard
    Participant

Are you saying that since I have set up the Template as an ‘Events Calendar’ I have less space for Widgets? If so – okay if that is the design I like the general layout. Specifically, are you saying that if I want all of the Widgets available, however, I need to change the Template?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The calendar template, is a chronological list of events. It is pretty simple. But is a wide format page.

A more attractive looking layout is achieved using the calendar shortcode – which can be inserted into any page (any template or none) or post.

See http://xi.hydeinternet.com/events/ for a few examples. The layout is more like the widget you have on the home page and works the same way (it uses the same shortcode).

In the visual editor you insert the shortcode with the button that has a green calendar icon. Then see the docs for what the different attributes do.

Richard
    Participant

That’s brilliant! Looks awesome! Anyway to include some of the description text as well?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You would need to change the event_html, which is very flexible but maybe a little tricky.

Add teh event_html attribute and add %EXCEPRT% or %CONTENT% to the default markup. But changing the markup may need some CSS to make it look right.

Richard
    Participant

I think it is fine – outside of my scope. It looks great with the adjustment you have suggested nonetheless! Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.