Home Forums Mu Theme Discussion & Support Events Disappearing on Day of Event

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Greening
    Participant

Is there a way to get the events to remain displayed on the actual day of the event. We are using the Theme Loom – Show Events Widget. We have selected to show 365 days in advance of events. But when the day of the event rolls around the event drops off.

I would like to be able to get it set up so that the event drops off after the event has occurred (either the minute it is scheduled to end or the next day it doesn’t matter to me). any suggestions?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Sounds like a bug! We’ll take a look.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

A fix will be released in the next version of the theme.

If you can’t wait for that then you can change one line of code in \base\lib\custom-events.php

line 690:
    change

$args['date_window_start'] = time();

to

$args['date_window_start'] = strtotime("today");

Can’t believe nobody logged this before!

Scott Greening
    Participant

Thanks. That seems to have worked. A few backend event requests/suggestions for the next update.

1. Can the start date for default to the current day instead of the first of the month?
    2. Can the end date switch automatically to the date selected for the start time?
    3. Can the boxes for inputing the location and the redirect link be limited to the size of the Event Detailslivingos box. Currently unless I stretch my browser window out these boxes overlap the categories box on the right sidebar.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Actually Scott, we have a revamped version of our event post type coming out in the form of a plugin. This has a much improved interface which should deal with some if not all your requests.

Hoping to release a beta version soon for users to try.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.