Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Editing the "Show Posts" to display Author's name

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

adr

I use the Pure theme for a class website where students publish their writing assignments. Though I can click through and discover the name on each single post page, I would like the “Show Posts” widget on the homepage to display the author’s name as well. Where is the widget file kept and what should I add?

(By the way, I think a “show author” check box should really be standard on the widget.)

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes, some extras are coming to these widgets soon. Though it is easy for the options for these become rather over loaded, so we have tried to keep it simple.

Adding the author would require adding code carefully to \base\lib\widgets\show-widgets.php

The function that does all the work is los_showPosts(). this is used by the widgets and the shortcode.

You would need to add a line of code around line 330 to put in the author, something like:

$output .=  '<div class="entry-author">'.get_the_author().'</div>'

But as I say this may well appear in the next theme update.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Actually scrub all that.. we just released an update that adds author, tags and categories to the options available.

how about that for a response!

adr

Wow! Ok, I’ll give the new theme a try.
    I was having a little trouble updating to 2.1—for some reason all of the styling (for everything, including the dashboard menus for the theme) would disappear if you activated the theme a second time or happened to be logged in while installing the theme via FTP—I’ll certainly pop over for help if needed, but here’s hoping it all goes smoothly.

adr

Unfortunately, the problem persists. If I unzip the update, upload it via FTP (I’m using Coda) into my buddypress themes folder (right next to the working version), and activate it, none of the style work. The new features work great, but the theme does not.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You don’t put it in your buddypress themes folder. It goes in wp-content/themes/.

The unzipped folder livingos_Xi should be inside this folder.

Alternatively you can use the WordPress theme install from the dashboard. The quirck with this is that you have to delete the theme first to install the new version, but don’t worry you won’t lose your settings.

adr

Ok. I’ve now uploaded the theme to the wp-content/themes folder. Unfortunately, I have the same problem. Even a few of the icons in the dashboard (events and features) are failing to load. The site loads with minimal styling (accent colors and web fonts load) but otherwise looks as though the css is failing—and the theme control panel is lacking any styling.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

OK, Try re-downloading the theme and installing. (Yes I know that sounds lame, but sometimes files get corrupt in transition). It sounds like it is missing stylesheets.

If you use the contact form to get in touch, you could send us a login so that we can have a look. http://themeloom.com/support/priority-support/

adr

I will try again later today. Unfortunately, there would be some privacy issues involved, so I think I’ll have to crack this on my own.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Or just a url would let us confirm that it is a stylesheet issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.