Home Forums Mint Theme Discussion & Support Displaying of post_type=feature

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ron Wardenier 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ron Wardenier

I’m having trouble figuring out how to display the custom post_type “feature” on a page.

From the Dashboard I use “Features” to create posts that are used by the Homepage slider control. On the Homepage, the title and the featured image both link to the corresponding Feature (which is a post of post_type=”feature”).
    When clicked the Feature displays as a normal post. So far, so good.

But now I want to list all Features on a page just like a normal blog roll.

I was hoping to use the shortcode los_showposts for that but unfortunately it does not support post_type=”features”.

Do you have any suggestions how to achieve my goal? Thanks!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The features post type was created for managing slider content. Each feature can however have url to which you can redirect any feature. Just enter the url in the field beneath feature edit box.

So you could have regular posts and pages to which features redirect. This keeps content in posts and pages rather than a theme/slider-specific post type.

I supposes in theory we could make the widgets and shortcodes use features too. It wouldn’t be difficult. But if at some point, you change themes, then you will be much better off if your content is in regular posts and pages.

Regard the features post type as part of the slider function.

Ron Wardenier

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I understand your point of view regarding the purpose of the post_type “features”.

By using the redirection as you suggested I’m able to do what I wanted. I just have to make sure that I keep a “Feature” entry and a normal post or page in sync.

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.