Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Comments form on pages/posts

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nick Truscott
    Participant

http://ccaden.small-beginnings.net/march-2012/

1. You can see (hopefully) that the asterisk * denoting a required field is not adjacent to the field title (e.g. Name *) instead it is located on the next line followed immediately by the input field, e.g.

Name
    *[INPUT FIELD]

Is this something that can be fixed or could it be just me?

2. Is there any way to make the comments box less wide?

Ta.

themeweaver
    Keymaster

asterisk looks ok from here!

With regards the comments area, it wills the space available. You could apply some css to restrict its width but you need to do it responsively, so you would need to make sure there was code in the media queries to adjust for the different screen sizes.

#respond, #comments {width: 123%;}

on mobiles probably

#respond, #comments {width: auto;}

Nick Truscott
    Participant

I tried to email you a screenshot of what I am seeing as as new visitor (i.e. logged out) but of course it failed. How can I do that?

Regarding the comments field width – as always, too techie for me. If I start down the road of trying to write code I will screw up so badly and never get out of it!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

You can send an attachment here : http://themeloom.com/support/priority-support/

Roger Leitch
    Participant

I don’t have comments on posts enabled but do use a contact form.

On there the required fields have (required) next to the label.

e.g.
    Name (required)

Email Address (required)

Is a possible option to remove the * and append (required) to the label name?

Nick Truscott
    Participant

I’m curious Roger, are you seeing what I am talking about in my link? Or is it (could it be) just me / my machine / my browser? But I am seeing the same thing in Firefox, IE and Chrome.

As to whether to make it (required) or not I don’t care unless the only fix is to make it (required) – but that doesn’t make sense really does it? Very curious that Tim is NOT seeing the asterisk on the next line.

And I don’t WANT to have to switch off comments on posts – and I dont want to add another plugin or something to handle it either.

Ho hummm!

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Ah, sorry you don’t like the asterisks being on the left of the input boxes? Not sure if this is a bug but perhaps it would be better like this…

Try this:

#respond label {display:inline-block;}
    #respond textarea{width:98%;}
    #respond input[type=text]{display:block;}
    #respond .required {
    color: #FF4B33;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

Roger Leitch
    Participant

Hi Nick

Using IE9, see the label on one line, then on the next an asterisk followed by the input box.

Nick Truscott
    Participant

Yep, that fixed it Tim, thank you.

Please don’t think I was having a go at your design! I am rather old school about some stuff, so expected the ‘mandatory’ indication by the word, not the field.

Colouring the asterisk was a cute little addition :-) if you implemented it an upcoming version, perhaps it could pick up the accent colour by default?

Thanks again Tim (and Roger for your input). Case closed!

Nx

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Technically I think could probably regarded as a bug. The changes will find their way into all the themes as it was part of the core framework.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.