Home Forums Pure Theme Discussion & Support Changing the width of second-content and then resizing

This topic is: not a support question

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot Taylor 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elliot Taylor

Hello,

I have amended the width of second-content and third-content in order for it to fit the sizes of google adspend ads.

It’s worked however I am not too familiar with how the css browser resizing works. It seems that the CSS is overwritten, but by using the PURE Child Theme the re-writing is now ignored.

So I need to add:

#features, #first-content, #second-content, #third-content, #second-content .widget-container, #fourth-content, #fourth-content .widget-container {
    float: none;
    width: auto;
    margin-right: 0;
    }

but make it conditional on a resize. Any ideas how I go about this?

Here is the css for the other reszing I mentioned at the start of this post.

#second-content {
    float: left;
    width: 58%;
    margin-right: 3.8%;
    }

#third-content {
    float: left;
    width: 38%;
    }

Many thanks for your help and a great theme.

You can see my site here: http://www.burst-times.com

Best,

Elliot

themeweaver
    Keymaster

The resizing uses media queries. In \extend\layout there are different css rules applied to different browser sizes.

Elliot Taylor

Thanks for the pointer. For anyone else reading I added this to the child theme:

#features,#first-content,#second-content,#third-content, #second-content .widget-container, #fourth-content, #fourth-content .widget-container{
    float:none; width:auto;margin-right:0;
    }
    .flex-caption{ display:none;}

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.