Home Forums Xi Theme Discussion & Support Category Issue

This topic is: not a support question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  themeweaver 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi again,

I am not sure how to address this. If a category is set in the slider, then any category in which that is posted is not available in the Category pull down section even though it numerically indicated there are posts. Hopefully this will help:

Slider is set to show anything in the category Features. Those Features are also part of other Categories. In the Category widget Features lists 3 and each is also indicated in another Category. When you go to the category itself it is empty. If you choose to see the Feature Category there is nothing listed. Does this make sense? Would links help?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Ah but if you are using the Features post type, then these are only available for the slider or anything else we create in the future to use features.

But they use the same category structure as posts. The number of posts in category is useful in the widget to help set things up, but as you say it actually includes a count of all post types, not just actual posts.

Richard
    Participant

So – if I want them actually accessible through the Category system, I should create a duplicate post?

themeweaver
    Keymaster

Yes. Or not necessarily duplicate. Use the redirect option in the feature to redirect to post or anywhere for that matter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.